Can you use voice commands to search for your favorite movies and TV series on Roku? Yes, you certainly can do that, as Roku Enhanced Remote or free Roku mobile app allows you to access Roku content using voice commands. If you want to know how to make it happen, then read on.
Where to get the Roku mobile app?
The Roku mobile app is available for Android as well as iOS platforms, so if you are using a smartphone or tablet that runs on either of these operating systems, then you can download the app for free. You can share your personal photos, videos and lots of other stuff using your voice through Roku mobile app. The process of installing the app is the same as that of installing any other app on the phone.
How to check if you have a Roku Enhanced Remote with Voice?
To check that, you need to find a button on the remote on which ‘microphone’ ‘magnifying glass’ icon is imprinted. If there is any such button on your Roku remote, then yours a Roku Enhanced remote.
What can be done with voice search?
Well, there are a number of things, which you can do with voice search. You can find a specific title, find the content of your favorite actor or director, find content in a genre, find content on a channel, launch a streaming channel and much more. The options are endless, as it all depends upon how your mind works. If you know how to use the voice search, then you could certainly enhance your TV watching experience.
How to use voice with my mobile device?
It is possible for you to issue voice commands with your mobile device by accessing channels, What’s On or Remote on Roku mobile app. To get started with it, you need to launch the Roku mobile app and after that, you need to follow below-mentioned instructions:
Channels and what’s on
- You need to tap ‘Channels’ or ‘What’s On’ from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap ‘magnifying glass’ at the top of the screen in order to access the search page.
- Tap ‘microphone’ icon in the text box to get started with a voice for search or control commands.
When you use voice feature for the first time, then you will find Roku mobile app asking you to access the microphone. You will have to grant permission to use voice controls.
- You will have to speak clearly into your mobile device followed by tapping the middle of the screen after you are done speaking.
- Tap ‘Remote’, an option you can find at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, tap ‘microphone’ icon that you can find in the top right corner of the screen.
- Speak into your mobile device clearly and then, once you’re done speaking, tap the middle of the screen.
Once your query is processed, your request will be carried out by the mobile app by presenting you with a list in which all the search results are mentioned on the mobile device or updating your Roku player.
What is the process of using voice with Roku Enhanced Remote?
- Hold the remote vertically, around six inches away from your mouth.
- Press and hold the ‘microphone’ button or ‘magnifying glass’ button.
- While keeping the button pressed, speak into the remote clearly at a normal volume. When you are done speaking, release the button.
Your Roku player will pursue with your request as you release the button, thus bringing you to the Roku search screen or anywhere within Roku interface.